Welcome to the course for Emergency Operation & Response Plans (EOP/ERPs). By the end of this course you will have acquired the tools necessary to implement an EOP/ERP that is accessible and effective for your community, while ensuring compliance with the requirements set forth by state and federal agencies.
Course materials provided in this module are designed to help guide your municipality through the adoption process. This material includes:
- Guidance Document: This document is intended to provide a fundamental understanding of the issues related to EOP/ERPs. Also included within this document are best practice recommendations and links to references and other helpful guidance documents.
- Model Resolution: Save yourself some time drafting a brand new resolution, and use our template. All that is needed from your community is to fill-in-the-blank lines where indicated.
- Sample Public Notice Language: Inform the public of what is taking place and how they can participate in your public meetings/hearings online.
Remember, not only do you have access to the best practice documents, but also to CiviclinQ’s industry professional consultants. Our consultants are certified and available to review and answer related questions and offer recommendations if needed.
What To Expect:
We designed this course to help your community facilitate the preparation of an EOP/ERP. The milestones for this project include:
- Hosting a Work Session: To articulate the governing body’s interest in EOP/ERPs.
- Development of a Draft Plan: Incorporating local conditions and concerns.
- Implementation: Implementing the policy through the adoption process.
- Identify an “issue champion”. (This person will shepherd the development of this plan from beginning-to-end.) If you will not be the “issue champion” be sure your champion either has access to this course or is provided with a copy of all available course materials. (Note: Course materials have been provided in easy, downloadable .PDF and able-to-be-modified .DOCX formats.)
- Contact CiviclinQ if you have any questions!
Proceed To Step 2 – Take Action With Your Code.