Defined in §10-9a-103 (for municipalities) and §17-27a-103 (for counties) subdivision amendment are an amendment to a recorded subdivision in accordance with §10-9a-608 and §17-27a-608 of Utah State Code (as amended) that:
- Vacates all or a portion of the subdivision;
- Alters the outside boundary of the subdivision;
- Changes the number of lots within the subdivision;
- Alters a public right-of-way, a public easement, or public infrastructure within the subdivision; or
- Alters a common area or other common amenity within the subdivision.
Note: Subdivision amendment does not include a lot line adjustment, between a single lot and an adjoining lot or parcel, that alters the outside boundary of the subdivision.
Special Note: The Office of the Property Rights Ombudsman has provided funding for this training program from the 1% surcharge on all building permits in the State of Utah.